About the Workshop
Predatory publications, publish-or-perish pressure, evolving publishing models, and AI-powered writing tools are creating significant challenges in identifying original research. Maintaining scientific integrity and knowledge updates call for new approaches to research evaluation and dissemination. The alarming rise in retraction of research papers, driven by falsification, fabrication, and plagiarism of data highlights the essential role of editors and reviewers in maintaining the quality and integrity of the scientific records. Choosing reviewers with relevant expertise and strong ethical values can ensure critical evaluation of manuscripts. To effectively address this issue, a thorough training in research ethics, responsible authorship and data management, robust editorial policies is needed. Awareness about predatory journals can protect researchers from falling prey to unethical publishing practices. The Centre for Publication Ethics (CPE) and Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (CCIH) are jointly organizing a two-day workshop for Journal Editors and Reviewers on “Best Practices for Editors and Reviewers” on February 23-24, 2024.
To empowering editors and reviewers in following areas
- Current publishing practices
- Interdisciplinary, multi and transdisciplinary Research
- Use of Artificial Intelligence tools and technologies
- Research in Indian Knowledge Systems
- Research in Humanities, Social Science Research
- Quality and Integrity in publishing
Number of seats
The applicant should be working as editor of a journal that is indexed in PubMed/Scopus/Web of Science/UGC Care.
(Includes workshop kit, breakfast and lunch)
- Prof. Bhushan Patwardhan
- 4Dr Samiran Panda
- Dr. Sanjay Pai
- Prof. Marianae Hedlund
- Prof. Pramod K. Nayar
- Prof. K. K. Kailash
- Dr. Urmila Kulkarni-Kale
National research Professor - AYUSH
Editor-in-Chief, Indian Journal of Medical Research
World Association of Medical Editors (WAME)
Editor Medical Sociology, PLOS One
The UNESCO Chair in Vulnerability Studies
Editorial board member, Commonwealth & Comparative Politics
Associate Editor, Infection Genetics and Evolution practices
- Dr. Shubhada Nagarkar
- Dr. Girish Tillu
Associate Professor, Dept. of Library and Information Science and Co-ordinator, Centre for Publication Ethics, SPPU
Assistant Professor, Center for Complementary and Integrative Health , Department of Health Sciences, SPP
- Few complementary seats are available for faculty members and researchers of Savitribai Phule Pune University.
For Complementary registration please send email at email@example.com.
- Accommodation will be provided on a special request (charges basis).
- Certificate will be provided to only registered participants.
- While registering type your name exactly as it should appear on your certificate.
- Fees are not refundable.
Limited seats are left.