Geomorphology has become one of the important subjects that provides a basis for natural hazard and environmental studies. The popularity of geomorphology has increased because of its application in different disciplines and the scientific nature of geomorphological studies, methodology, and applications. Geomorphology forms the basis of the environment and it is considered an important part of environmental and hazard assessment. Modern studies in geomorphology are application-based and enhanced with geospatial databases and techniques. Modern geomorphology is equipped with high-resolution databases such as DEM and scanning systems like LIDAR. Today, we are in the era of application of artificial intelligence, and cloud computing in geomorphic studies wherein automatic feature identification and morphometric analysis, simulation of the geomorphic process in different and changing environmental conditions, and their response and prediction is possible.
The studies in Planetary Geomorphology, Anthropogeomorphology, Environmental Geomorphology, Geomorphic Impact Assessment (GIA), Geodesign, Geospatial modeling, Computer simulations, and Process response modeling will develop geomorphology as an important subject. Geomorphology will play important role in the analysis of carbon fluxes, and carbon credit estimations in the tropical and subtropical climatic regions of the world. Geomorphology is an active interface between the lithosphere, atmosphere, and biosphere therefore it is going to play a predominant role in climate change studies.
Geomorphology plays an important role in resolving different challenges such as the identification of impacts of sea-level change, climate change, different human activities, and large development projects. It is also important to apply geomorphic knowledge to understand the geomorphic impact assessment and geotechnical aspects of large projects. Human intervention, land surface alteration, and altered geomorphic processes will be the key areas of research. Geomorphologists have to strengthen the research towards the GIA for environmental conservation, Geodesign in carbon credit claims, and carbon and water footprints. Geomorphic restoration is a challenging field of geomorphic research and application toward the conservation of land surface, water quality, and ultimately well-being of mankind. There are different approaches through which geomorphological studies will be done in the areas such as effects on the Earth system. Considering the futuristic approaches in geomorphic studies the themes of the present conference are premeditated.
Geomorphology, Natural Hazards and Environment
- Geomorphology of Alpine Environment
- Geomorphology of Arid and Semiarid Environment
- Geomorphology of Humid and Subhumid Environment
- Bio geomorphology
- Geohazards and Management
- Urban Geomorphology
- Climate Change and Geomorphology
- Geomorphosites and Geotourism
- Geomorphological Mapping
- Digital Geomorphology
- Applied Geomorphology
- Geomorphic Impact Assessment
- Any other topic relevant to theme of the conference
SAVITRIBAI PHULE PUNE UNIVERSITY (SPPU)
Established on 10th February 1949 under the Poona University Act as the University of Poona and now known as Savitribai Phule Pune University, the university has become one of the leading centres for research and teaching in India where students peruse research in various disciplines of Science, Humanities and Social Science. The University houses about 61 departments/centres, 234 recognized research institutes and 900 affiliated colleges offering a wide array of graduate and under- graduate courses. The university has also been ranked 2nd in India as per the Times higher education world university ranking in the year 2019 and was also re-accredited by NAAC at “A+” level, Status of the university for potential for excellence by UGC, Delhi.
DEPARTMENT OF GEOGRAPHY
The Department of Geography, Savitribai Phule Pune University was established in 1950. It is one of the few leading departments in India with strong Physical as well as Human Geography working groups. The department has received special grants from ISRO, ICSSR and UGC and also had been recognized as a FIST sponsored department by DST, New Delhi. The department provides advanced education in geography through academic programmes leading to the degrees in — M.A. and M.Sc. in Geography, M. Sc. in Geoinformatics, P. G. B. Sc. (Applied) in GIS and Remote Sensing and Ph. D. in Geography. Recently Centre for South Asian Studies (CSAS) has been established in the Department. We also offer short term courses in RS and GIS, advanced surveying and tourism.
THE INDIAN INSTITUTE OF GEOMORPHOLOGISTS (IGI)
Indian Institute of Geomorphologists (IGI) is the national platform exclusively dedicated to research and development in the field of geomorphology in India. The idea of forming the Indian Institute of Geomorphologists (IGI) was seeded at the International Conference of Geomorphology and Environment held at the University of Allahabad in 1987. Now affiliated with the International Association of Geomorphologists, the primary objectives of the IGI are: to bring all Indian earth scientists dealing with geomorphology and allied disciplines on a common platform; to hold annual conferences in different parts of the country; to publish a research journal; to encourage young scholars in doing research in geomorphology; and to give emphasis on researches related to human society and its welfare viz. environmental geomorphology, urban geomorphology, environmental hazards, and their management on different spatial and temporal scales.
All are cordially invited to submit their abstracts based on findings, innovations, best practices, a new methodology, or research work in the form of practical, theoretical, and methodological aspects of identified themes and related areas and case studies. The participants are requested to send the abstracts latest by 10th September 2022 and after intimation of acceptance, full papers* latest by 30th September 2022.
(*Accepted full papers will be published in conference proceedings.)
Please consider the following guidelines, and deadlines to facilitate the submission and subsequent follow-up process.
- The abstract must be written in MS word document (A4 size), Times New Roman, 12 font size, and 1.15 line spacing without inserting any special symbol, formula, diagram, table, or reference.
- An outline of the abstract is as follows :
- Title (Max. 30 words)
- Author/s name/s
- Email (corresponding author)
- Abstract body (Max. 400 words)
- Keywords (Max. 4 keywords)
- Download a sample template here.
- Download Brochure here.
- An abstract must also be submitted online along with the online registration using the link: https://events.unipune.ac.in/apps/applicant/login.aspx
- Files sent through email or by any other means will not be considered under normal circumstances.
- The name, affiliation, and e-mail of the corresponding author must be included.
- The abstract should clearly indicate the research problem, the methodology, and the results of the work within 400 words. (Download sample template here)
- To prevent multiple submissions of the same abstract, only the corresponding author should submit one. If an abstract is contributed by more than one author and the non-presenting author also registers for the conference, he/she will be automatically mapped to the abstracts he/she has co-authored.
- A maximum of two abstracts are permitted per registration as an Author or co-author.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the Programme Committee and may be sent back for revision if required. If a revision is necessary, the revised abstract must be sent back within a week.
- Decisions regarding acceptance will be intimated within 15 days from your abstract submission date. However, persons attending the conference without abstracts can directly proceed with registration and payment.
- You may submit a full paper after acceptance of the abstract so as to include it in the conference proceedings.
|Dates of conference||2nd to 4th November 2022|
|Start date for submission of abstract||15thJuly 2022|
|Last date for submission of abstract||10thSeptember 2022|
|Last date for acceptance of abstract||20thSeptember 2022|
|Last date for online registration payment (Regular fee)||28thSeptember 2022|
|Last date for online registration payment (Late fee)||30thSeptember 2022|
|Last date for submission of full paper||30thSeptember 2022|
|Last date for acceptance of full paper||03rdSeptember 2022|
|Field visit (voluntary)||5th November 2022|
Young Geomorphologists Competition
A competition will be held among the young geomorphologists below the age of 35 years. Only one winner will be awarded the certificate and prize. To participate in the competition the participant must submit an abstract (single author). He/she should send a CV (within 2 pages) with proof of birth date and a recommendation letter from the research supervisor or from the Head of the Department to email@example.com on or before 30th September 2022.
Prof. S. R. Basu Memorial Lecture
The Prof. S. R. Basu Memorial Lecture will be held at the Department of Geography, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune on 2nd November 2022 after the inauguration funtion.
The meetings of the Executive Council and General House of the Indian Institute of Geomorphologists (IGI) will be held from 5.00 pm - 6.00 pm on 3rd November 2022 in the Department of Geography, Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU), Pune. Members are requested to attend the same. No TA/DA are admissible.
Preparedness before ONLINE REGISTRATION :
- Soft copy of your passport-sized photo in JPG/JPEG and size not exceeding 150 kb.
- Soft copy of your abstract in word format strictly as per provided template. (Download sample Template here)
- Click or Enter the following URL in your browser: https://events.unipune.ac.in/Apps/Applicant/Registration.aspx
- You may download and refer to the User manual for first-time registration at the following link (User Manual)
- Fill following details for INDIVIDUAL Registration. (Full name, address, contact details, affiliation, etc.)
- For the first-time registration on the University website, you need to upload your latest passport photo which may be used for conference ID preparation.
- After uploading the photo you will be redirected to Dashboard. Select the IGI conference.
- Fill in all details on the CONFERENCE Registration page.
- If you are an attendee (No abstract submission) you will be redirected to payment details otherwise you will be redirected to the abstract submission page.
- Fill in all details on the abstract submission page. (Copy-paste abstract and also upload a copy of your abstract in WORD format ONLY)
- The payment link for registration to the Conference will open only after an abstract is accepted for presentation by the programme committee. Please log in again and click on generate the challan and then proceed for Payment (Online payment by debit card, credit card, net banking, and UPI) to complete the registration process.
- Refund of Registration Fee: There is no provision for refunding the registration fee.
- Registration charges for participants include participation, conference meals, and a conference kit. (Excluding accommodation)
- Registration charges for the accompanying person include access to the venue and food only. (Excluding accommodation)
- Participants and the accompanying members (if any) will be provided accommodation (limited and on sharing basis) available in the University campus guest houses, on first-cum first-serve basis through online registration. Accommodation charges to be paid as per stay duration.
- Accommodation will not be made available for registrations after 30th September 2022 and for spot registration (Attendee only).
- IMP: All the registered IGI member delegates will have to pay an additional amount of Rs. 300/- whereas the Non-IGI members have to pay Rs. 600/- as headquarter fee in cash to Treasurer, Indian Institute of Geomorphologists (IGI) payable at the registration counter which will be collected by IGI officials.
- A post-conference one-day field visit (voluntary) has been arranged on 5th November 2022. Participation is voluntary however it is mandatory for everyone to fill google form (click here to go to the Google form). Participants will have to pay the amount for the field visit in cash on 2nd November 2022 at the registration counter. The amount will be communicated on or before 15th October 2022.
- Late fees of Rs. 500/- are applicable after 28th September 2022 for online registration only.
- Spot registration is also available on 2nd November 2022 only to attend the conference.
Amount in Rs.
Delegate Accommodation(On sharing basis)
Non-AC, charges per day(Maximum upto 5 days)
Entry and Food Only
Accompanying member accommodation(On sharing basis)
(Non-AC/day)(Maximum upto 5 days)
KARBHARI VISHWANATH KALE (HON. VICE CHANCELLOR, SPPU)
Hon’ble Vice Chancellor,
Savitribai Phule Pune University
- SANJEEV A. SONAWANE (PRO VICE- CHANCELLOR,
Pro Vice Chancellor,
Savitribai Phule Pune University
- Prof. Prafulla Pawar
Registrar, Savitribai Phule Pune University
- M. G. CHASKAR
DEAN, SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, SPPU
- SANJEEV A. SONAWANE (PRO VICE- CHANCELLOR, SPPU)
SUDHAKAR D. PARDESHI
Savitribai Phule Pune University
- RAVINDRA G. JAYBHAYE
Savitribai Phule Pune University
- AMIT G. DHORDE
Savitribai Phule Pune University
- RAVINDRA G. JAYBHAYE
- AVINASH M. KANDEKAR,
- HEMLATA PATEL ,
SPPU , Pune
- SAPANA A. SASANE,
- AJAY A. GAWARI ,
- VIJAYA KHAIRKAR ,
- AVINASH M. KANDEKAR,
- SWAPNIL VYAS , SPPU
- RAVINDRA MEDHE , SPPU
- ANANT KUMAR PATHAK , SPPU
- RAMESH NANNAWARE , SPPU
- DEEPA NAIK , SPPU
- KAJAL SAWKARE , SPPU
- ARJUN B. DOKE ,B. G. COLLEGE SPPU
- RAJESH SURVASE , DIVEKAR ASC COLLEGE, PUNE
- SUMANT EKNATH AUTADE ,SVNC, MUMBAI
- PRIYA KANOJIA AEF' S ACS COLLGEGE, PUNE
- SANDIP SHINDE INDAPUR COLLEGE
- SANGITA JANJALE (SPPU, PUNE)
- NITIN JAGTAP (SPPU, PUNE)
- RAJASHREE CHAUDHARI (SPPU, PUNE)
- NISHIKANT KUDALE (SPPU, PUNE)
- PRADIP JOSHI (SPPU, PUNE)
- KIRAN BEDAKE (SPPU, PUNE)
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- Prof. Sunando Bandyopadhyay (Kolkata)
- Prof. Milap Chand Sharma (New Delhi)
- Prof. Sudhakar D. Pardeshi (Pune)
- Dr. S. P. Agnihotri (Kalakankar)
- Dr. P. K. Singh (Kalakankar)
- Prof. A. R. Siddiqui (Prayagraj)
- Prof. Anupam Pandey (Prayagraj)
- Prof. Soumendu Chatterjee (Kolkata)
- Prof. Pramod Kumar Hire (Nashik)
- Prof. Anargha Dhorde (Pune)
- Dr. Ashwajeet Chaudhary (Prayagraj)
- Prof. D. D. Chauniyal (Srinagar)
- Prof. Savindra Singh (Prayagraj)
- Prof. H. S. Sharma (Jaipur)
- Prof. V. S. Kale (Pune)
- Dr. Amal Kar (West Bengal)
- Prof. A. K. Paul (West Bengal)
- Prof. Prashant Magar (Pune)
- Prof. Virendra Nagrale (Pune)
- Dr. Anju Gupta (Haryana)
- Dr. Padmini Pani (New Delhi)
- Prof. L. N. Satpati (Kolkata)
- Prof. M. N. Kaul (Jammu)
- Prof. Suresh Gosavi
CO- OPTED MEMBERS
- Prof. N. Chandrasekar (Tirunelvelli)
- Prof. Veena Joshi (Pune)
- Prof. N. K. Rana (Varanasi)
- Dr. Archana Paul (Prayagraj)
- Dr. P. C. Moharana (Jodhpur)
- Dr. Kapil Ghosh (Kolkata)
- Dr. Sayantan Das (Kolkata)
- Prof. Suchitra Pardeshi (Pune)
- Dr. Priyank Patel (Kolkata)
- Prof. R. K. Maiti (Medinipur)
- Prof. Shantanu Patnaik (Itanagar)
- Dr. Sumant Autade (Mumbai)
- Prof. Subhamita Chaudhuri (Kolkata)
INTERNATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE SECRETARY
- Prof. Sunil Kumar De (Shillong)
NATIONAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
- PROF. K.R. DIKSHIT, PUNE
- PROF. SAVINDRA SINGH, PRAYAGRAJ
- PROF. D. C. GOSWAMI, GAUHATI
- PROF. H. S. SHARMA, JAIPUR
- PROF. S. R. JOG, PUNE
- PROF. V. S. KALE, PUNE
- PROF. SHRIKANT KARLEKAR, PUNE
- PROF. SUNANDO BANDYOPADHYAY, KOLKATA
- PROF. SUNIL KUMAR DE, SHILLONG
- DR. PRITHVISH NAG, VARANASI
- PROF. N. CHANDRASEKAR, TIRUNELVELI
- DR. SRIKUMAR CHATTOPADHYAY, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
- PROF. MILAP CHAND SHARMA, NEW DELHI
- PROF. SATISH J. SANGODE, PUNE
- PROF. VEENA U. JOSHI, PUNE
- PROF. ASHIS KUMAR PAUL, MEDINIPUR
- PROF. SOUMENDU CHATTERJEE, KOLKATA
- DR. AMAL KAR, JODHPUR
- PROF. M. N. KAUL, JAMMU
- PROF. HEMA ACHYUTHAN, CHENNAI
- PROF. L. N. SATPATI, KOLKATA
- PROF. SULTAN BHAT, SRINAGAR
- PROF. S. K. PATNAIK, ITANAGAR
- PROF. A. R. SIDDIQUI, ALLAHABAD
- PROF. RAMKRISHNA MAITI, MEDINIPUR
- PROF. PRASHANT P. MAGAR, AMARAVATI
- PROF. SUBHAMITA CHAUDHURI, KOLKATA
- DR. PADMINI PANI, NEW DELHI
- DR. ANJU GUPTA, KURUKSHETRA
- DR. P. C. MOHARANA, JODHPUR
- DR. V. A. V. RAMAN, DELHI
- PROF. V. MADHA SURESH, CHENNAI
LOCAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
- PROF. R. G. JAYBHAYE (SPPU, PUNE)
- PROF. AMIT G. DHORDE (SPPU, PUNE)
- PROF. VIRENDRA NAGRALE (PUNE)
- PROF. SUNIL GAIKWAD (PUNE)
- DR. TUSHAR SHITOLE (PUNE)
- PROF. MAYA UNDE (AHMEDNAGAR)
- PROF. SUCHITRA PARDESHI (PUNE)
- PROF. ANARGHA DHORDE (PUNE)
- PROF. PRAMODKUMAR HIRE (NASHIK)
SEND US YOUR QUESTIONS! (IF ANY)
+91-20-25621769 / 56
Dr. Pardeshi S. D.9422358356 (Professor and Head, Convener)
Dr. Ravindra Jaybhaye : (Professor)
Dr. Amit Dhorde : (Professor)
Mr. Nishikant Kudale :
9423247071 (Admin. staff)
Dr. Kandekar Avinash : (Asst Prof)
Mr. Nitin Jagtap : 9921665242 (Admin. staff)
Mr. Medhe Ravindra : 7406541928 (Asst Prof)
Dr. Vyas Swapnil : 9923948178 (Asst Prof)
Mr. Bedake Kiran : 9657255272 (Admin. staff)
Dr. Vijaya Khairkar : (Assot Prof)
Dr. Patel Hemlata : (Asst Prof)
Mr. Joshi Pradip : 9011067365 (Admin. staff)
Don't hesitate to Reach Out if You Have Any Questions ...
Convener Prof. Sudhakar D. Pardeshi
Dr. Sasane Sapana : (Asst Prof)
Mr. Gawari Ajay : 9665140812 (Asst Prof)
Dr. Rajashree Chaudhari : (Admin. staff)